We hold surgery sessions from 07:30am until 20:00pm Mondays to Thursdays and until 18:30pm on Fridays.
You can make appointments to see one of our health professionals:
- Online via the above link. These appointments can be made on your mobile device while you are out and about, on your computer at your desk at work or even in the travel lounge whilst abroad.
- By phone on 020 8399 6622 (lines open from 08:00 – 18:30 Monday to Friday, Saturday 08:00 - 12:00 pm) Please be aware that our telephones tend to be busiest between 8-10.30 am Mon-Fri so you may find it more convenient to call later in the day if you are just wanting to book a routine appointment.
- In person at the surgery reception desk between 07:30am – 20:00pm Monday to Thursday, 07:30am - 18:30 on Fridays and 08:00 - 12.00pm on Saturdays.
In order to reduce the number of patients who fail to attend, the majority of our appointments can only be booked 28 days in advance.
Appointment duration - Our standard length of appointment is 10 minutes. Whilst our clinicians will do their best to deal with your health issues in the time they have available, this isn't always possible. If you do have a number of queries that you need to discuss, please request a double appointment at the time of booking.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to offer the slot to another patient. Failure to not let us know means patients are missing out on valuable appointments.
As soon as you are aware you are unable to make your appointment you can cancel your appointment by calling the surgery and selecting Option 2, or via Online Accesss. You can also text the word ‘CANCEL’ back to us when you get an appointment reminder on your mobile.
Missed Appointments - DNA Practice Policy.
The Practice has a Did not Attend (DNA) policy to ensure that patients who do not fail to attend are not disadvantaged. Please ensure you let us know before your appointment time that you cannot make it. If you miss an appointment three times you will be at risk of being deregistered from the Practice’s register.
Telephone Consultations - Can we contact you?
We can also make booked telephone appointments for you to speak to one of our health professionals. Please give the receptionist a brief explanation of your medical need and we will endeavour to accommodate you appropriately. Often a clinician will be able assist you over the telephone without you having the inconvenience of coming into the surgery.
As we operate a call-back system, should one of our clinicians need to call you back we need to have a number we can contact you on. Additionally, If we can't get in touch with you by phone and we need to inform of you of matters to do with your health (e.g. hospital results) please ensure you provide us with up-to-date contact details.
We are committed to our patients to providing an excellent service to and as such our medical team of GPs, Nurses and health experts aim to:
- speak to you within 1 working day
- see you within 30 minutes of your Central Surgery appointment booking time
- keep you informed
- provide you with clear and effective information that can help you take your health care seriously
If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for your appointment you may not be seen by the doctor. It is at their discretion if they will still see you. The receptionist will message the doctor who will advise the receptionist what to inform you. You may have to rebook another appointment or the doctor, time allowing may agree to you waiting until the end of their surgery session to see you then.