Contraception & Sexual Health Clinic (CASH)
As of 1st August 2017, Central Surgery will cease to run the open-access walk-in service on Thursday evenings between 6pm to 8pm but will however continue to provide this service during normal surgery hours and by pre-bookable appointments.
The following service is available to all patients, whether you are registered at Central or a patient from another surgery. If you are not registered at Central Surgery then you will be asked to register as a temporary patient:
- Free condoms
- Contraception: pills, injectable, patches, Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
- Emergency Hormonal Contraception (EHC)
- Screening for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
- HIV testing
- Free Chlamydia & Gonorrhoea screening for young people aged between 16 -24 years
- Sexual health screening for those other patients that think they may have symptoms of Chlamydia, Trichomonas, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, HIV, Herpes, Cystitis, Thrush and Bacterial Vaginosis.
- IUD/IUS (coils) and Implants; before a coil or implant can be fitted you must consult with one of our clinical staff. Therefore, you will need to make more than one appointment for this service.
Please call us on 0208 3996622 to book your appointment.
Useful Links for Sexual Health
http://www.gettingiton.org.uk/(South West London Sexual Health Website for young People)
http://www.younglivin.org.uk/ (Kingston website for young people)
http://www.ruthinking.co.uk/ (National sexual health website for young people)
Sexwise Helpline 0800 28 29 30 (free phone 7am – midnight, 7 days a week) free and confidential advice line for young people under 18, on anything to do with sex, relationships and contraception. Information of where to access local services for contraception, emergency hormonal contraception, referral for termination, testing for sexually transmitted infections, pregnancy testing etc.
http://www.chlamydiascreening.nhs.uk/ (national Chlamydia Screening Programme- patient and professional sections. Includes a search facility to find Chlamydia screening offices across the country.
http://www.checkurself.org.uk/ (London based client website for ordering Chlamydia screening kits and finding local treatment centres.