FLU SEASON 2021-22
FLU SEASON 2021-22
We held our flu clinic on Saturday 2/10/21 where we vaccinated over 1350 patients. It was a great day and we appreciated our patients attending in the bad weather.
Due to an unprecidented demand this season, we now only have flu vaccines left for anyone aged 65 years old or over. If you would like a vaccine, please make an appointment with one of our nursing team, through reception on 020 8399 6622.
If you are under 65 years old, please make enquiries with local pharmacists, as many of them offer flu vaccines and may have stock.
FLU VACCINATION PROGRAMME 2021-22
Patients at risk aged under 65 & over 65 year old
Below are the qualifying criteria categories that can have this vaccine for free at the surgery:
- chronic heart, lung, renal, liver disease or neurological disease
- a suppressed immune system
- a permanent household member with a suppressed immune system
- asthma requiring continuous inhaled steroids, or have had an exacerbation requiring steroid tablets
- had a stroke or TIA
- pregnant at any stage of your pregnancy
- if you are a carer
- if you are 65 by 31st March 2022
- Asplenia or dysfunction of spleen
- Morbidly obese (BMI 40 or over)
- Live in a long-term residential care home
If you have an egg allergy, please inform the telephonist when speaking with them.
Children aged between 2-3 years on 31st August 2020, will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine and will be invited by a text or letter.
Children aged 4-11 years old will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine as part of the universal programme offered in schools - this will not be provided by the surgery.
Children aged 11-17 years old that fall into an AT RISK category e.g. asthmatic or diabetic, or who have a suppressed immune system, will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine and will be invited by text or letter to have this in the surgery.
If you are housebound or are currently unable to leave your home, please contact us during opening hours for us to organise someone to come and give you a vaccine.
The sooner you have the vaccination, the sooner you are protected.