FLU SEASON 2021-22
FLU SEASON 2021-22
We have just received our flu vaccine delivery and will be holding a flu clinic from 9.30am on Saturday 2/10/21. We will be running the flu clinic as we did last year where you will receive a letter with a unique barcode. It will be a walk in as long as you are eligible and been invited. We will be sending out a text within the next couple of days with the details to all patients eligible.
If you can't make this date, please make an appointment through reception on 020 8399 6622 and one of our nursing team will administer it in our normal working hours. These appointments are limited so if you can come on Saturday 2/10/21, please do.
FLU VACCINATION PROGRAMME 2021-22
Patients at risk aged under 65 & over 65 year old
Below are the qualifying criteria categories that can have this vaccine for free at the surgery:
- chronic heart, lung, renal, liver disease or neurological disease
- a suppressed immune system
- a permanent household member with a suppressed immune system
- asthma requiring continuous inhaled steroids, or have had an exacerbation requiring steroid tablets
- had a stroke or TIA
- pregnant at any stage of your pregnancy
- if you are a carer
- if you are 65 by 31st March 2022
- Asplenia or dysfunction of spleen
- Morbidly obese (BMI 40 or over)
- Live in a long-term residential care home
If you have an egg allergy, please inform the telephonist when speaking with them.
Children aged between 2-3 years on 31st August 2020, will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine and will be invited by a text or letter.
Children aged 4-11 years old will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine as part of the universal programme offered in schools - this will not be provided by the surgery.
Children aged 11-17 years old that fall into an AT RISK category e.g. asthmatic or diabetic, or who have a suppressed immune system, will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine and will be invited by text or letter to have this in the surgery.
If you are housebound or are currently unable to leave your home, please contact us during opening hours for us to organise someone to come and give you a vaccine.
The sooner you have the vaccination, the sooner you are protected.